Wednesday 13 May 2009

Small motors and DCC

Whilst looking around for decoders and upgrading my DCC kit I found these small motors on DCC Supplies website, and think they may coming in handy for future RhB projects. Although I had originally earmarked Faulhaber ones fot the Tracktor project. Am going to build a test bed for one of these to see the load capabilities and whether it would be suitable for loco duties. I am also going to try some the CT and Zimo decoders as have only used Lenz up to now to see how they perform. The compactness and size makes them ideal for my Swiss projects to as the are designed with Z and N Scales in mind.

I have finally narrowed down my DCC platform choices to the Digitrax DT400 and the ESU Ecos, and interestingly the new Ec0s is based on the Linux platform thus apparently allowing open source software developments. I am now on a quest to try out both systems before commiting real moolah..

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is small! Nigel Lawton does slightly larger motors (6mm x 10mm) which run on 6V DC rather than 1.5V. Which could be an option too.

    ReplyDelete