Sunday 10 May 2009

Birthday pressies

Finally I have got hold of my birthday pressies and these books were part of that. I have for some time been looking for decent drawings with measurements of RhB stock both old and new. For some reason there seems to be very little information freely available, or maybe I am just not looking in the right places. So with these 2 books the plans for producing some TTm scale loco and stock moves every nearer. I am starting off on a small scale with one of the Shoma built Tmf 2/2 tracktor units as this is an easy box shape to replicate. Having spoken to my friend with considerable knowledge and practice in making and building kits, the suggestion is that the loco be made up of an etch brass/NS kit and the motor be mounted in the engine compartment of the kit. I am going to put together some drawings and then go from there. Having just got CS4 Illustrator and Photoshop to aid in the task of making the plans I can now make changes to plans much more easily and also all ething companies prefer drawings in digital format making it cheaper to provide the etches. But at least I have the reference material for loco and coach plans now. Also I plan to travel to Switzerland this year to experience the RhB for real! and get detailed prototype information for my self. So more to follow on this soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment